Innovation Competition on Health tech
In order to promote innovation in India, The Bengal Chamber of Commerce (BCC&I), in association with Medica Hospitals, has planned to award innovation in health sector during its Health Tech Summit 2018, to be held on 8-11th of March, 2018, in Hyatt Regency, Kolkata.
In this regard, the organising committee has identified an independent six membered jury comprising of doctors, administrators, engineers and IT experts and investors. To ensure independence in scoring and analysis an independent group, SahaManthran Pvt Ltd that has indepth understanding of domain specific risk scoring and quality assurance has been identified as the Official Tabulator.
Since this would be a meet that will be participated by the leading investors in India and other countries; plenteous nominations for the said award are encouraged. The details of the eligibility, award criteria and value are detailed asunder to provide equitable opportunity to one and every innovator across the length and breadth of India.
The award invites entry in three subject areas:
1. Public Health —Innovations that impact health of people in community
2. Healthcare Service Delivery —Innovations that impact patient care service delivery within the hospital environment, irrespective of the level of care delivered (primary, secondary, tertiary or quaternary)
3. Others (technology in any form impacting health of people)
The award invites entry for two categories of innovators:
1. Students over 18 yrs of age, having completed +2, pursuing their formal studies (having valid identity card of recognized education institute.)
2. Adults who are currently not pursuing any formal course/s, irrespective of their employment status
For each category two awards stand declared for each of the subject areas, value of which will be shared later
The shortlisted finalists would receive a participation certificate and would be required to make presentations to the Jury Members on 8th March morning at Hyatt for final selection of the award winning innovation.
Winners would be provided platform to make presentation during Health Tech on 10th March 2018. The audience will include Angel Investors, Private Equities, Venture Capitalists, Bureaucrats, Policy Makers, Entrepreneurs, Media, senior level IT and healthcare professionals and others
1. All individuals or group of individuals of Indian nationality are allowed to apply.
2. Self or 2nd-party nomination is permissible.
3. Students over 18 yrs of age, having completed +2 are eligible to apply.
4. Already proven innovation that have either received patent or have been scaled up are not eligible for making an entry
5. All participants are required to complete the attached Google Form for the ‘BCC-Medica Health Innovation Award’. Incomplete form will render the entry in-eligible.
All the entries that are eligible will be judged on the Likert’s five point scale as per the following criteria.
Innovation and Science
Students : Rs 800+GST per entry
Others : Rs 1600+GST per entry
The Cheque/DD may be made in favour of the above The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry and sent to
The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry
6 N S Road
Last date of submission 6th March 2018